Anyways, my husband asked me this evening if I had been taking my vitamin D. I realized I had not in several weeks. You see a few years ago I was very weak and tired for weeks. I also caught several infections. Finally my DR.ordered a vitamin D test which revealed I was severely deficient. She then explained to me that all those symptoms I was having would go away by simply adding a vitamin D/calcium supplement every day. It was only a few days before I started feeling like myself again. Now I take it almost everyday in the winter and back off it when I start spending more time outdoors when the weather warms up.
I urge you to ask your Dr. for a vitamin D test if you have been feeling lousy. And by all means, when we do finally get some sunshine, please go out and enjoy it. I know we should all be using sunscreen, but if you get as little as 15 minutes a day without sunscreen that will benefit you greatly in getting your daily vitamin D dose.
No recipe today. Instead I am listing some foods where you can get vitamin D.
Catfish
canned salmon
soy milk and soy milk products
vitamin D fortified orange juice
milk
mushrooms
![]() |
| sunny days |
fortified breakfast cereals

No comments:
Post a Comment