day. And the hygienist chose not to clean and scale those 2 teeth all that well because she did not want to cause discomfort for me. I was not very comfortable with that I felt like there were more options than what I was offered, but when I asked I was told I was doing what I should and I was just going to have sensitivity there. I forgot to use the fluoride, partly because you cant eat or drink for 30 minutes after you use it and it taste terrible. I finally decided to try a new dentist and began asking friends and family who they use and why. I chose this new dentist and am so happy I did.
The hygienist was wonderful at explaining every step she did and her equipment was pretty new. She put a fluoride barrier on the recessed gum, (for free) and spent a great deal of time cleaning and scraping. My teeth have not been this clean in many years. My new dentist is young, probley 40, and all the equipment was modern. They even offer wifi.
I was told my teeth are actually in very good condition and if I continue with the fluoride barrier every so often that the next cleaning probley wont hurt at all.
I felt bad about leaving my "old" dentist, but I am so glad I did. If you feel like you are not getting the treatment you should have then it is time to move on . And I value my teeth to much to not get proper care.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment