Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Waiting on summer vacation.

There are 7 days of school left for the 2012/2013 school year. While I love those long lazy summer days, it is bitter sweet. It means my little girl is a whole year older. Time is speeding by so quickly.It seems like yesterday I was bringing our last little baby home from the hospital, completely in baby love with this sweet, tiny baby. Now she is at the end of first grade and will be a second grader in August. She had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher and an even more wonderful first grade teacher, if that is even possible. I sure hope we get as lucky for second grade.
 This week is school spirit week and each day the kids are asked to dress a certain way. Today was "tacky day" and tomorrow is "pirate day". I have really enjoyed helping my girl pick her outfits each day. I know the day is coming that she will no longer want that help, but for now I am loving it, taking pictures of her each morning, and she loves it too.
 Next week is the last week of school, with plenty of "last week" activities to do. I  am counting the days till we can spend all morning in our PJ's and watch TV while we eat our breakfast and figure what we will do with our day. She is so much fun and everyday is an adventure. Even if we are just cleaning out cabinets or vacuuming the floor, she is just happy to be with me and be my "little helper" She thinks chores are fun, little does she know that in a year or 2 she will come to hate those chores and I will have to make her do them.
  If you have a little one please cherish these young years because, as the mother of 2 grown children, I know the years pass to quickly. I am going to enjoy every minute if this last baby while I can. It is hard sometimes because life can get complicated and busy, but I think we all need to learn to just enjoy down time. We can learn from our children, they don't have lots of "plans" for summer vacation, they just know it is going to be great.

Today's recipe is one that me and my daughter do allot in the summer.
Tomato Basil Pizza

1 store bought pizza crust
2 plum tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch slices
4-6 basil leaves, cut in strips
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tbl spoon olive oil
1/4 t spoon kosher salt 
8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
 
preheat oven, spread olive oil all over pizza make sure you get the edges. sprinkle garlic powder all over. Place tomatoes around pizza and sprinkle with salt ans basil. Top with cheese and bake according to directions on package.

No comments:

Post a Comment