Welcome to my blog.
I've been married to the love of my life for 24 years. We have 3 kids, ages 24, 18 and 7. We also have 2 grand kids, age 4 and 2.
Life is both fun and challenging. We have learned allot about life over the years and I hope my experiences can help others in some way. We've been thrown a few curve balls in the past and somehow have always been able to catch them and run with it or throw it back. My philosophy is to deal with it the best you can. (if that doesn't help then grab a beer and come back to it tomorrow).
To start this off I am sharing one of my family's favorite recipes. Please don't be offended by the name...my oldest child called it that when she was a young teen and it stuck. I came up with this very early in my marriage when money was almost non-existent. Hope y'all enjoy!!
Ghetto Chicken Bake
3 cups cooked rice
2 cans of cooked chicken (5oz each) drained
1 can mixed vegetables rinsed and drain
1 can cream of (whatever you have) soup. I like cream of chicken or celery
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
pre heat oven to 350
spray casserole dish with cooking spray
mix all ingredients and pour into casserole dish
bake uncovered 30 -35 minutes
optional : sprinkle bread crumbs on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment